Repairing "Weir" Auxillary Bermudan cutter rigged Ketch

Repairing "Weir" Auxillary Bermudan cutter rigged Ketch

Time moves on , and so does the work on the boat .. Inbetween putting the first coats of primer on the cabin tops and sides , they have now recieved a further 2 coats to build up the paint layer ready for the gloss to go on.. The Bulwarks, Cap rail on both Port and Starboard sides have also been sanded down and recieved 3 coats of undercoat/ primer paint. Between coats the surface was sanded back with 120grit ( all by hand). It looks very good, I am optimistic .. I have decided to use Epifanes gloss Enamel or Urathane A lime green gloss for top coat on the Bulwarks. Its nice and soft , not a deep green. will try adding some paint conditioner (Owatroloil based ) to keep a wet edge.. We'll see how it goes.. I got the tip from a very good video. The Bowsprit has been removed and was cleaned up. There was very little varnish remaining and with aggresive scraping and then fairing with first 80 grit and later 120 grit sandpaper it was possible to remove all the Oxidation from the surface of the wood.. I decided to Oil it , rather than just Varnish it, and for this I used Deks Olje 1 and 2 . Deks Olje 1 is a sealer that penetrates into the grain structure of the wood .. After 6 coats (each applied when the proceeding coat was still damp it was allowed to dry .. Looks ok.. when I get around to fitting it It will have 2 coats of Deks Olje 2 ...