Mary E III

It's still a little to cold and windy to do much sailing yet. The bat eater virus is also a big problem, but I hope by May things will loosen up. Was at the boat yesterday to check the dock line because there were very high winds in Newport. I need to lubricate the furling gear and put the sails back on. I had them cleaned, minor repairs, and new wind vangs installed at Doyle Sails in Rhode Island. I would like to get new bottom paint, but will wait awhile. It is still to cool anyway.

So I hope that sometime in May I'll be able to take the boat out and the virus restrictions will loosen up enough so I can bring guests on the Navy Station. Right now unless you have a valid Military ID I can't bring guests on the base.