Ideas for a solo Valentine’s Day
Love it or loathe it Valentine’s Day will soon be upon us again. It may just pass by without you giving it a second thought or it may hang around and remind you that another year has passed by without finding your soulmate. Whatever you may feel about the day, if you find yourself single on Valentine’s Day then here are a few ideas to make it a day to remember. Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to get out and do something you enjoy with friends or family that you love.
- Hang out with family or friends – This Valentine’s day falls on a Friday so why not plan a dinner inviting family and/or friends around. Here are some Valentine Day Party Recipes if you’re not much of a Mary Berry/Gordon Ramsey! Not a party person? Then maybe a trip to the cinema with other single friends. This is my favourite way to spend Valentine’s Day (even if I’m not single). I have my eye on The King’s Man, a prequel to the Kingsman film series. A spy-thriller with Djimon Hounsou, Ralph Fiennes, Matthew Goode and Rhys Ifans as Rasputin. What’s not to like.
- Carry out a random act or acts of kindness. Send some flowers to an elderly friend or neighbour. Offer to help someone with a chore, compliment a work colleague, leave money behind the counter in the coffee shop for someone to have a free coffee, buy a homeless person a hot meal, or just smile at strangers.
- Plan a short break or a few days away somewhere you’ve always wanted to go, either with a friend or by yourself. There are many advantages to solo travel the biggest reason being you can be completely selfish. You can go where, when and for as long as you want. Negotiating and problem solving the many travel obstacles can improve your confidence as you step outside your comfort zone.
- Pamper yourself. Treat yourself to a spa day, beauty treatment or trip to the hairdressers. Men could enjoy a day at a traditional barber for a haircut and hot towel shave. A barbershop local to me is an experience, not just a trim. They have on offer a pool table, a PlayStation, SkySports and even a beer!
- Binge watch a new or favourite box set. Whilst there are many box sets to chose from here are some of the best in the UK at the moment. On BBC iPlayer there is Killing Eve (not to be missed), Silent Witness, Line of Duty, Peaky Blinders and my absolute favourite vampire mockumentary What We Do in the Shadows.
- Lastly, grasp the bull by the horns and join a niche dating site. Niche sites are dating sites where all the members have a common interest. There are dating sites for country folk, motorcycle fans, aviation devotees and, of course, sailing enthusiasts.
This article Single on Valentine’s Day?, is part of our Lovesail News Blog. Not a member of Lovesail? We are a premier global online dating and social networking site only for sailing enthusiasts.